Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Why I should be a stay at home dog-mom

As I continue my trend of posting monthly, I would like to share with you why I should be a stay at home dog-mom.
Not just plain stay at home mom, mind you, because then I would have to have HUMAN children, which I do not. I just have dog children.
So-
Exhibit A

That would be Wasabi Seared (Left side) and Sesame Seared Tuna, with special sauce, steamed rice, and hand tossed salad.

I did it all by myself.
And it cost a grand total of about $12 for both of our dinners...

Exhibit B-
Tomorrow night's dinner menu:
(Rice)Penne Rigata with Cubed chicken in a Vodka Sauce, with Steamed (or maybe grilled?) Asparagus and salad
OR
Mexican dinner in a pan! Rice, Tomatoes, Fake Ground Beef, Jalepenos, and stuff all mixed up - kinda like a casserole, but on the stove top!

Exhibit C-
Donnie's Lunch today:
Ready for him when he walked in the door!
(I hadn't gone grocery shopping in about 6 weeks, so this is pretty much all that was left in the house)
-Grilled Turkey and Cheese Sandwich
-the breakdown:
Bread
Super thin swipe of EVOO Mayo
Cheese
Egg w/Fake bacon bits
Cheese
Turkey
Cheese
Super thin slice of EVOO Mayo
Bread
HAHA I know, it sounds terribly unhealthy, but our Mayo is really low cal, and I put is on so think you hardly know it's there, the bread is 100% whole grain, 35cal/slice, the turkey is all natural organic stuff (only 1 1/2 slices), the butter it's cooked in is all natural healthy stuff, and the bacon is fake. The only unhealthy thing really is the cheese- but according to the Kraft people, it's good for you! :)

Other reasons:
-Got all the grocery shopping done today
-The children and I went outside to play 5 TIMES!!
-Finished the laundry
-Finished the dishes
-I got to sleep in (that's more my reason...)
-Got the dog's grocery shopping done today, and everything I bought was on sale

Here's pictures of the prep of dinner, enjoy!
Ground Wasabi Peas, Special Sauce, and Sesame Seeds


ASSEMBLY LINE------->



OK so Recipe for the Tuna- (It's RIDICULOUSLY easy!)
- 2 1/2 lb Ahi Tuna Steaks, cut into strips- about 1- 1 1/2 inch wide 2- 2 1/2 inches long
(This should give you about 12-16 pieces)
- Juice to put them in before rolling them in topping
-I used Soy Sauce + Sriracha Sauce + Wasabi and stirred with whisk until it was evenly mixed
- Topping-
-For the wasabi stuff, I put about 1/2 cup wasabi peas in food processor and made them powder, otherwise, white sesame seeds are really good on the tuna!
Here's how it works:
- Pan on stove @Medium, Sesame oil in pan (just enough to coat the bottom)
you have to have these things all ready to go before starting, because they do not wait on you!
The assembly- for all 16 pieces while pan is heating, before putting oil in pan and starting to cook tuna-
Tuna->Soy mixture, coat it well-> then roll in sesame seeds or wasabi peas, coat all over->move to side (Of that plate or new plate) repeat until tuna is all covered
THEN, when you've done all pieces, start with tongs, 4-6 pieces at a time cooking.
Place tuna in pan, then get next piece, etc. until you get all 6 in there, then immediately roll to next side. The tuna should be seared- meaning still pink/cold in middle, so basically it's cook, 1, 2, turn, 1, 2, turn, 1, 2, etc. So, I have to do the 6 pieces at a time, and basically just turn, turn, turn, turn until they're all turned 4 times, and flipped on end, then put them in a paper plate lined with paper towels.
Repeat!
(This should be the last thing you do, because the tuna should basically go from skillet to paper towels to plate-table with minimal time in between.)











No comments:

Post a Comment